The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Monday, February 6, 2012

Our Super Bowl Champion

So you read about our Super Bowl of Beer here (Super Bowl of Beer), and I know you were anxiously waiting to see the results so here they are.  We ended up making a few substitutions but we got three great matchups between NE and NY.  Here are the matchups and their results:

Samuel Adams Boston Lager vs. Brooklyn Brewery Lager-

While our tasters enjoyed the crisp, clean taste of the Boston Lager, the additional hop flavor of the Brooklyn Pre-Prohibition style Lager beat out the subdued spiciness of the Sam Adams version.
Winner: New York

Harpoon Winter Warmer vs. Brooklyn Brown Ale-

This matchup was similar to the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the game last night... Not overly impressive or exciting.  The winter spices of the Harpoon offering were nice, but after a few tastes began to be overpowering.  The Brown ale seemed to be stuck between a display for the malts and a trendier hoppy brown ale.  Forced to pick a winner, the tasters leaned towards the Brooklyn Brown Ale.
Winner: New York by a safety

Shipyard XXXX IPA vs. Blue Point Rastafa Rye

Having had both of these beers before, I fully expected the Shipyard offering to come out on top in this one.  Coming in at 9.5% abv, the XXXX IPA carried a lot of flavor, but a big part coming through the alcohol and malt with the hops being relatively subdued.  In contrast, the Rastafa Rye was packed with hop flavor, confirmed by the bottle description of freshly harvested hops being used.  The rye added a nice spciy bite to the citrus hops and for being 7.5%, this was an easy drinker.
Winner: New York

While the Super Bowl may have been close, this matchup of beers was a landslide for New York.  Every beer that we tasted was solid at worst and exceptional at best! If you did something similar let us know what your results were.

Cheers and Happy Brewing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm it seems like уοur blog atе my first comment (іt was suрer long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thοroughly enjoyіng уour blog.

I too am an aspiring blοg ωriter but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any suggestions for rookie blog writers? I'd
definitely appгeciate it.

Also visit my homepage :: tens machines for sale

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled oνer hегe coming from
a different ωeb page and thought I might as wеll check things οut.
I like ωhat I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.

My website :: Chat Roulette

Anonymous said...

Ηmm іs anyone else eхρeriencing problems wіth the ріctureѕ
on this blοg loaԁing? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any suggeѕtiοns ωould be
grеatlу aрpгeciateԁ.



Review my web site ... HäMoriden

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...