The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Trend of Fall Beers

Fall is my favorite time of year.  Football is on the TV every weekend, and my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, is madly approaching!  With the cooling of the weather comes a string of beer releases to coincide.  Every brewery from Budweiser to the smallest microbrewery turn their eyes and brewing minds to flavors that will emulate the change of color in the leaves.  Here is a list of my 10 favorite fall beers that always find a way into my glass come Thanksgiving:

1.  Samuel Adams Octoberfest- One of my favorite examples of the style.  Smooth and crisp, but with enough maltiness to welcome the fall season.

2.  Dogfish Head Punkin Ale- I look forward to this being released every year.  By far the best pumpkin ale I have ever tasted (Haven't been able to taste Southern Tier Pumking yet!).  Pumpkiny, brown sugary, and all the right spices come through in this brew.

3.  Sierra Nevada Tumbler- A recent addition to my list.  Malty and robust, but lighter than the usual brown ale and with just enough hops to balance it all out.

4.  Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier- This beer is awesome.  Smoky (like a campfire), but in all the right ways (like the smell of pork shoulder being slowly smoked over real wood all day).

5.  Stone Double Bastard- Similar to the original Arrogant Bastard, but with more of a malty, dried fruit background.  Drinks more like an extremely hopped barleywine.

6.  Abita Pecan Harvest Ale-  An otherwise average brew is jolted into greatness by the smooth, nutty flavors that come from the use of actual pecans.

7.  Rogue Brutal Bitter- When a craving for hops comes around, this beer provides great punch, but it malty enough to not feel like a spring beer.

8.  North Coast Old Stock Ale- Filled with rich, dark fruity flavors, this one is great to sip as the sun dips down at night.

9.  Southern Tier Back Burner Barleywine- Although this is their winter release, I always try to find a bottle of this and stash it away for the year to have when that first cold night comes around.

10.  Whatever Homebrew I'm Feeling This Year- Last year I made an Octoberfest style Ale with brown sugar and some spice.  This year I brewed a Bourbon-Vanilla Pumpkin Ale at 8% ABV to soak in all the fallness it can!  I'll be trying one around Halloween so I'll let you know how it turns out!

Give these brews a shot and let us know what you think!
Don't forget that our Founder's Bachelor Party is only 3 weeks away!! Show him how much you appreciate the site!
Founder's Bachelor Party

Cheers and Happy Brewing!

1 comments:

Cam said...

I would just like to mention Shipyard's Smashed Pumpkin. Definitely my favorite fall beer. Delicious pumpkin pie in a bottle with a high alcohol content. You can even taste the brown sugar! lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...