The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Friday, July 22, 2011

New Beer Review: Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout

I know what you're already thinking.. It sounds like you're trying to drink dessert.  In this case, you are.  I've been searching for this beer ever since I heard that it existed.  Along the way, I've heard rave reviews, big haters, and all sorts of people in between.  I finally found it the other day and snatched up two bottles of it while I could.  Time for the beer.

It pours dark.  Basically what you expect from a stout at over 9% ABV.  Rich black color, with barely any head at all.  The bottle recommends serving at 42 degrees so I basically took it right out of the fridge and poured it into my glass.  It smells incredible.  It literally smells like creme brulee.  Vanilla is probably the most dominating scent, but there's also some sweetness in the smell like burnt sugar, and a roasty note so you know that it is still beer.

The taste is pretty tough to do justice with words.  The best way I could think of describing it was to take a bite of creme brulee and then wash it down with a rich, dark roasted stout.  The alcohol hides very well.  Hops really have no impact on this beer, other than a little bitterness to round out that sweetness.  It's creamy, smooth, sweet, vanilla goodness.  If you like creme brulee, this is a must have.  If you don't, it could be worth a try anyways.  As for myself, I'm headed back to the store to try and pick up a few more bottles.

Rating- 9/10

Cheers and Happy Brewing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...