The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Beer Review: Blue Point Hoptical Illusion

Time for another beer review from the Brewmaster!  We hope you have all enjoyed our Grain to Glass: Basics of Homebrewing Video! It's available on iTunes for free or in DVD form on our themanscave.org shop at www.themanscaveshop.webs.com!  Either way it is free, and the DVD makes for a great gift. 

Time for the beer... Hoptical Illusion is a beer that I have seen several times, but was never really drawn to buy it.  The label looks pretty neat, but I just always seemed to see something else that I wanted to try more.  After having another bottle of Blue Point's Pale Ale though, I decided I needed to try it. 

The beer pours a nice light gold, and has decent carbonation bubbles coming through it.  The aroma is all hops, but a little more subdued than I though they would be.  Mostly some citrus and resiny type aromas.

The taste was also mostly hops, with a little balance coming from some light malt flavors.  The taste was more of the American hop varieties; citrusy, piney, and a little floral notes as well.  The carbonation was pretty good on this beer, but overall it tastes more like a slightly higher hopped pale ale than an IPA.

Overall, I thought this was a decent offering, but their Pale Ale is by far better, and I would say shos off the hops better as well.

Rating 7/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...