The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Friday, June 17, 2011

Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale Review

This beer caught my eye the other day, mostly because it was something that I'd never seen before, and I'm always looking for new things to try.  Like most of Lagunitas beer, the description of this one was pretty vague.  Their website says that it is an Imperial Mild, so I expected some pretty hoppy flavor with a more alcoholic kick to it.  Surprisingly, it hid the 10% ABV pretty well. 

The beer poured a dark copper red, but was really clear when I held it up to the light.  There was pretty much no head when I poured it, but some little whispers of foam stuck around while I drank it.  It smelled differently than I thought it was going to.  While it had the piney, cirtusy hop aroma that I was expecting, there was also some dried fruit type smells, and definitely some serious caramel aroma.

The taste started out darker than I expected, meaning that I was getting more of that caramel flavor and raisin and brown sugar flavor as well.  Then, about halfway through swallowing it, the bright hoppy flavors I was looking forward to with the beer's 72 IBUs really came out and took over.  Slightly reminiscent of Dogfish Head's 90 minute IPA, with a little more caramel and a little less in the hop department.  For being a 10% beer, this one was very drinkable, and I did not notice that high of an alcohol flavor.

Rating- 8/10 (Wanted a little more of that hop flavor in the front than there was.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...