The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Monday, June 13, 2011

Florida Beer Swamp Ape IPA Review

So I found this beer in the store the other day and got pretty excited about it.  First of all, the label is awesome! It looks like the thing could just jump off the label and eat you.  On top of that, it's a double IPA which usually means it is a hop bomb; and I love hops.  This beer turned out to be pretty interesting, but not in the way I thought it would be.

It pours a deep orange/golden color, and suprisingly does not smell extremely hoppy.  The smell actually reminded me of Bazooka bubble gum from when I was growing up.  There are some hops there, a little citrus and spice, but I smell more bubblegum, brown sugar, and dried fruits than anything else.  It's starting to seem more like a barleywine than an IPA. 

The taste just confirms what I said before.  This beer is definitely more along the lines of a barleywine (it actually reminds me of Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barleywine).  The taste is more of that bubblegum with some brown sugar and just a mild hop taste.  Definitely not an IPA.  Once I got over the disappointment of it not being an IPA, it was actually a pretty tasty beer.  Just don't expect a hop bomb.

Rating- 7.5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...