The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Beer Review: Brooklyn Summer Ale


Just in time for the summer to get here, one of my favorite breweries comes out with their English style summer ale.  This beer pours a ridiculously clear golden orange, with a bright white head the pretty much disappears immediately.  When I smelled it, it reminded me a lot of the citrusy notes you get from a Belgian Wit style, but this is clearly not a wheat beer, and I'm pretty sure there is no citrus in it either.  The taste pretty much follows the smell, but with more of the bright, crisp malty flavor coming through without much in the way of hops.  There is a little hoppiness that comes in through the taste, kind of floral and citrusy.  This beer is intended to be a lighter style that doesn't weigh you down too much in the summer, and that is pretty much exactly what it is.  This is definitely not my favorite beer from this brewery, but it is a pretty solid example of an English style summer ale.  The malts lead the way and are backed by just a little malt character.  I'd be interested to know what type of yeast they use for this beer.  Rating 7.5/10

Cheers and Happy Brewing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...