The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Thursday, April 21, 2011

You Need an Ultimate Man Cave, and We're Here to Help You With a How-To Guide!

It has become painstakingly obvious that either only a small number of our followers know what a "Man Cave" consists of, or no one thinks of our site as "legit".  I've come to this conclusion after the terrible turnout for our Ultimate Man Cave competition.  While all of you missed out on a free opportunity to get $20 in Amazon.com gift cards the two that did enter only had to upload a picture of their version of a "Man Cave" to win.  So I will assume that people consider our site legit, but just didn't think their "Man Cave" was good enough for our competition.  This brings us to this new segment that will teach you of the basics for any "Man Cave" and will help you build on your current caves!

Lets start with the extreme basic.... every "Man Cave" needs a center of attention, and its usual a BIG TV or monitor!  Now some of you may be entertainers yourselves and would like something like a bar or BBQ pit to be the focus. Well if that sounds like you then don't worry we will be covering those things later in these segments!
Batman's Man Cave?

Personally I am still in the start-up phase of my personal Man Cave, but I do have TV part down.  In-fact my entire Man Cave consists of one TV on the ground, one floor chair, and my two college diplomas.  I hope to get a mini-fridge in there soon!

As you can see my Man Cave is set up for only one person because I live in an apt. with limited space.  However, for those of you that can rope off a bigger room to call your own I would suggest a set-up that puts the TV in focus for everyone.  Want prices on good quality TV's... then trust me check out Amazon.com they have reviews on every product and you wont find better prices I promise! (if you do please comment with a link so I can edit this to show the best prices for everyone!)

The 2nd question that should be popping into your head is: "What type of TV?".  Well just use the handy little chart below to answer those questions!

The only topic not covered on the chart is pixel density! The difference between the 1080's and the 720's are easy to spot.  The 1080 is far better... but most people cannot distinguish between the "p" and "i" that is "1080p" and "1080i".  First off the "p" stands for progressive scan (opposed to interlaced) and the "i" stands for interlaced.  Whats the difference?

In an interlaced screen the TV literally draws only half of the lines at a time.  This means that out of the 1080 lines of pixels you have, you only see 540, then the TV runs the other 540, so the process consists of the TV running the odd 540 then the even 540, this all happens so fast that your eyes are tricked into seeing the full image.  However with the progressive the TV runs all 1080 lines of pixels at once.

As you can see we couldn't just assign the pixel density to a simple chart!  It is important to also note that any screen under 40 inches will be too small to notice the difference between 1080i and 1080p.  However, if you want the biggest then go for the 1080p for a true HD experience.  Here is a quick picture to illustrate the difference between the pixel densities.  (Click on the picture to view it at its actual size for full effect).

2 comments:

clint mullins said...

I have a man cave because I have a dorm room at college. Its a nice place to be when the TV and computer and bed are all like 4 ft from each other.

REM4606 said...

Clint I hope you grow attached to those luxuries! Now just picture that eventually when you are out of college you can upgrade to a bigger room and fill it with whatever you want (I know colleges don't let you bring EVERYTHING in! I'm not sure if you are a new visitor to the site, but you should have entered that Man Cave in our contest a few weeks back, could have won you an easy $40 bucks

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...