The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Saturday, April 2, 2011

New Beer Review: Rogue Chocolate Stout

Hello to all man cavers out there.  I'd like to start by reminding everyone that our Ultimate Man Cave competition is under way and there are 5 $20 giftcards to Amazon.com up for grabs!! Check out the page above titled "Ultimate Man Cave" to see the details.


Just finished a bottle of Rogue Chocolate Stout and thought you guys might want an insight into my impressions of this beer.  Let me start off by saying this; I wasn't sure what to expect from this beer.  The label talks about how the rich roasty malts give way to a chocolate truffle finish.  For the most part, this description is spot on.  The aroma is definitely one of rich, dark chocolate with a deep roasty maltiness to back it up.  This brew is a dark black color with a tan bubbly head that quickly fades into nothing.  My first sip of this beer surprised me a little.  I think it is a little too over carbonated for its style.  The bubbliness of the beer detracts from the richness that this beer definitely has in its flavor.  I swirled my glass around to get some of the carbonation out of it, and from then on it was chocolatey bliss.  The chocolate depth is definitely there, but not so overpowering so as to make you think you are drinking cold hot chocolate.  For all of you out there that have a significant other who swears she doesn't like dark beers, this could be the one to change her mind, and at the same time give you a bold, complex brew that is perfect for finishing up a meal.  Cheers and Happy Brewing!

1 comments:

Ronny Stiftel said...

cheers!

http://mac-and-i.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...