The Mans Cave App

The Mans Cave

The Mans Cave was a concept originated long before my time. The men in my family have always had their place of solitude where men could be men and there was no questioning. I now live the city life which means the man cave has been greatly reduced in size. That brought me to create an internet based man cave where all men can join in. Whether geek, gamer, jock, fitness, brewer, BBQ-er, or just looking for a place to read about manly news, you will find a home in the Man Cave

The Man Cave Sports Ticker

Man Cave Social Life

Recent Posts

Monday, February 28, 2011

2011 Oscar Winners

Lets face it the Oscars aren't exactly a big hit in Man Caves around the US.  However, lets all face the fact that we Man Cave dwellers also have a job with other people, or try frequently to impress the women in our lives!  This means we are almost forced to watch the Oscars just so you don't get left out of the office talk, or can impress what hopefully will turn out to be this Friday's date!  Well either way sit back and let us run down the list of winners, and the list of our Man Cave winners.
Best Picture:
The King's Speech:  Based on a true story of Bertie Gambon being crowned king of England while he tries to get over a speech impediment (*yawn... ooo sorry....*) long story short he makes a radio announcement to inspire a nation.
Man Cave Pick: Inception:  if you own a Man Cave and didn't go see this movie and love it... then your man cave quality may need some work!  It was a great and complex idea for a movie, but with today's modern computer science working at its best (in the entertainment industry) it turned out to be a hell of an action flick that kept you on the edge of your seat.

Best Actor:
Colin Firth "The King's Speech":  Well no surprise (must have been a lot of Brits voting...) It must have been hard to go through a whole movie with a faked speech impediment.
Man Cave Pick: Jeff Bridges "True Grit"  It was about time someone stepped up to take a Western Cowboy role to the next level.  What can we say, he brought the Wild West back to us!

Best Actress:
Natalie Portman "Black Swan": If you were dragged to this movie by your girlfriend or wife, then you were thanking Natalie Portman for making the movie bearable at times...don't get us wrong between the ballet, strange mother, and crazy dancers we were all snoring.  But Natalie Portman put on a show with several sexy scenes including one laying in bed next to her mother.... Hey, that's enough to get the Man Cave's vote!
Man Cave Pick: Natalie Portman "Black Swan"

There you have it, the three major Oscar awards that will get you through the water-hole chatter of the day.  If you want the full list of Oscar winners and nominees then check out moviefone's run down:

www.moviefone.com/oscars-academy-awards/nominee-winner

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on
a daily basis. It's always useful to read through articles from other authors and use a little something from other websites.

Visit my web blog; garage equipment supplier

Anonymous said...

This article presents clear idea designed for the new viewers of blogging, that genuinely
how to do running a blog.

Look at my site :: document imaging

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found
any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

Look at my page: security

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You are wonderful! Thanks!

Look at my site :: business branding and printing

Anonymous said...

Hiya! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a
blog post or vice-versa? My site discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and
I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you're interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!

Take a look at my blog ... key holders Durban

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I really enjoyed
reading it, you can be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and
will often come back in the future. I want to encourage you continue your great
work, have a nice afternoon!

my web site: mathematics

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both educative and engaging,
and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
The problem is an issue that not enough men and women
are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy that I found this during my hunt for something concerning this.

Here is my webpage - air conditioning Johannesburg

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...